Updated February 2021
We are glad to hear that you want to be part of our blog. If you have a story to tell or would like to share your expertise, we are more than happy to connect you with our audience.
In this guideline, you will find answers to all of your eventual questions, what type of content we publish, and how you can be part of this process. For any questions not answered here, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Kind of Content We are Looking For?
At MotaWord, we work with tens of thousands of translators and we serve tens of thousands of clients - they are located all around the globe and use us for their translation needs. Any subject that people in the translation industry or buyers of translation are interested in is acceptable to us. Our primary goal is to teach our readers something new or contribute to improving their knowledge.
We have some conditions that contributors must meet;
- Your post must be unique. We will not accept content previously published elsewhere.
- The quality of the writing is essential to us. Our goal is to provide our readers with the best possible reading experience.
- If you choose to write something data-driven (and we may convert your data to an infographic), please make sure the data you use is up to date (it should not be older than 2 years).
- Your post length should be at least 1,000 words and you should avoid using complex sentences. We prefer natural language.
- Your post must include at least 2 links from our blog posts.
- You can use a maximum of 1 link to your website in your content body, and only nofollow is allowed.
What Kind of Content is Not Acceptable to Us?
If your post includes even one of the points below, our team will not be able to accept it.
- If you use offensive language in the content.
- If we published a post on the same topic before. (You can search Google to find out if we have published anything about your topic before as follows: site: https://www.motaword.com/blog "your topic")
- If your post includes very promotional phrases about your company, product or service.
- If your approach is critical of other companies or individuals (we would rather be critical of concepts and ideas in our posts).
- Before your post is published, it must pass the quality standard of our team. MotaWord reserves the right to reject.
- We would love for you to share a link of your post, or our original images via social media and email. Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to republish the same post on different websites on the web (your website, Medium, etc.). As we stated earlier, your post must be unique and must only be used at our blog.
- MotaWord reserves the right to make minor changes or adapt your content.
- In some cases, we may include a call-to-action to services or files like a newsletter, checklist, etc. into your post.
- In rare cases, posts on our website might be removed.
- MotaWord reserves the right to use your content on MotaWord’s social media channels without explicit consent from you.
How to Submit a Guest Post on MotaWord?
Step 1: Check spelling via Grammarly, Hemingway Editor, or other tools before submitting your post.
Step 2: Submit your post to email@example.com with the following information:
Subject: “Guest post submission: [title of your post]”
- You can attach a file of your article or share it via Google Docs (Do not forget to change the permissions as “anyone with the link”)
- If you have any images or charts, feel free to send them with your submission.
- Add your full name, your bio, and also, your social media accounts.
We will notify you if your post is accepted by our team. The timeline for publishing your article may vary depending on our editorial calendar but we will always keep you updated.
Thanks for considering MotaWord to publish your valuable content. We are grateful!